Early Voting in Leon County is open to all voters. Early Voting lets you avoid long lines, vote when it is easy for you, and choose between 10 different locations in Leon County. The process and equipment is the same as voting at your Election Day polling place, except you can vote at any Early Voting site in Leon County.
Read below for more information about Early Voting.
Early Voting is offered as part of each election in Leon County. The number of days depends on the election, but the minimum in state law is eight days of Early Voting, from the tenth day to the third day before Election Day.
You can view the Early Voting dates and times for the upcoming election on the Early Voting Schedule page.
There are 10 Early Voting sites in Leon County. Voters can vote at any Early Voting site in the county during voting hours.
Early Voting is open to all registered voters in Leon County.
If you are registered to vote in another Florida county, but you have moved to Leon County, we can update your address at the Early Voting site and you can cast your ballot here.
You must have ID to vote at an Early Voting site. You can use any combination of the following IDs that show picture and signature:
- Florida Drivers License or Florida ID (as issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles).
- United States Passport
- Debit or Credit Card
- Military ID
- Student ID
- Retirement Center ID
- Neighborhood Association ID
- Public Assistance ID
- Veteran Health ID issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- A Concealed Weapon/Firearm License issued pursuant to ยง790.06, F.S.
- Employee ID issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
Your voter information card is not a valid ID for voting. If you forget to bring ID with you, you can vote a Provisional Ballot.
The only people inside the Early Voting site during voting hours include:
- Voters who are voting
- Poll workers
- Persons under the care of a voter, such as a child
- Persons helping a voter with a disability
- Official poll watchers
- Supervisor of Elections staff
- Law enforcement/emergency service personnel, if requested by the clerk
Yes, you can drop-off a Leon County Vote-by-Mail ballot at any Early Voting site in the county. For information on Vote-by-Mail drop boxes, please visit our Drop Box webpage.
You can also pick up a Vote-by-Mail ballot for a family member at an Early Voting site. For additional information, please visit our Vote-by-Mail webpage.