Early Voting in Leon County is open to all eligible registered voters. Early Voting lets you avoid long lines, and vote when and where it is most convenient for you.
When is Early Voting Available?
Early Voting is available as part of each election here in Leon County. State law sets a minimum of eight days of Early Voting, but here in Leon County we offer additional days so that voters have more flexibility when casting their ballot.
The Early Voting periods in Leon County for 2024 are:
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: Saturday, March 9 - Sunday, March 17
- Primary Election: Saturday, August 10 - Sunday, August 18
- General Election: Monday, October 21 - Sunday, November 3
Where Can I Vote Early?
There are 10 Early Voting sites in Leon County. Voters can vote at any Early Voting site in the county during voting hours.
You can view additional information about Early Voting locations, dates, and times for the upcoming election on the Early Voting Schedule page.
- Dr. B.L. Perry Branch Library
- Eastside Branch Library
- FAMU Student Union
- FSU Student Services Building
- Fort Braden Community Center
- Leon County Elections Center
- Lake Jackson Community Center
- Leon County Courthouse
- Northeast Branch Library
- Woodville Community Center
Who Can Vote Early?
Early Voting is open to all registered voters in Leon County.
If you are registered to vote in another Florida county, but you have moved to Leon County, we can update your address at the Early Voting site and you can cast your ballot here.
Do I Need ID to Vote Early?
You must have ID to vote at an Early Voting site. Learn more on our Voter ID page.
Can Anyone Enter an Early Voting Site?
The only people inside the Early Voting site during voting hours include:
- Voters who are voting
- Poll workers
- Persons under the care of a voter, such as a child
- Persons helping a voter with a disability
- Official poll watchers
- Supervisor of Elections staff
- Law enforcement/emergency service personnel, if requested by the clerk
Can I Drop-Off my Vote-by-Mail Ballot at an Early Voting Site?
Yes, you can drop-off a Leon County Vote-by-Mail ballot at any Early Voting site in the county during voting hours. Each Early Voting site has a secure ballot intake station (also known as a drop box) for Vote-by-Mail ballots. For further information on secure ballot intake stations/drop boxes, please visit our Drop Box page.
You can also pick up a Vote-by-Mail ballot for a family member at an Early Voting site. For additional information, please visit our Vote-by-Mail page.